Oscar Chacón, PE
Oscar Chacón has over 30 years of experience in the Manufacturing industry managing and improving supply chains, from product design to post-sale services, including the development of suppliers in the US, Mexico, Europe, and Asia.
Mr. Chacón has held positions as Director of Operations at manufacturing plants with hundreds of employees, and managerial positions in the areas of Engineering, Materials & Logistics, Production, and Quality & Continuous Improvement.
Oscar has more than 15 years of experience implementing quality systems under norms such as ISO, FDA, FAA, and military standards. He completed graduate studies in Management, Finance, and Industrial Engineering at the prestigious CETYS University in Baja California, Mexico, and holds a certification as Master Lean & 6Sigma Black Belt.
Oscar is an expert in starting up turnkey manufacturing facilities from pre-construction to optimum production capacity. His experience includes the specification of buildings and facilities to meet the demands of the manufacturing operations. He has the skills and abilities to make critical “buy” vs “Build” decisions between disparate geographical regions of the world such as Asia, Europe, Latin America, and North America. Oscar is currently responding to a wave on “on-shoring” from Asia back to the North America.
Oscar Chacón has the notable distinction of a Licensed Professional Industrial Engineer in the US jurisdiction of California, as well as engineering licensing bodies throughout Mexico. This allows him to operate freely cross boarder to represent US clients with properties in Mexico as well as Mexican clients with properties in the US.
- AlliedSignal Aerospace
- AlliedSignal Automotive
- Garrett General Aviation Services
- Emerson Electric
- Solar Turbines
- DJO Global
- Mc Cain Traffic Systems
- Superior Frames
- Operations Management, Full P&L responsibility
- Lean – Sigma Diagnostics and Implementation
- Toyota Production System Implementation
- Supply Chain Development, Supplier Development
- Manufacturing to Distribution Channel set up
- Make vs. Buy international Analysis
- Quality and Regulatory Systems Implementation
- Project Management -Turn Key Projects
- Business Integrator for Start Ups / JV’s / Consolidations
- Point of Use supply chain development/ Kanban
- Over 1 Million of Sq. Ft. transferred/Developed/NPI
- Startup of various projects successfully