SUMMARY: Professional Engineer, Mechanical Leadership, liaison, commissioning, technical review and community management in the building construction and aviation industries drawing upon extensive experience in machine design, test engineering, mechanical systems, and business practices. Nationally recognized community leader, public speaker and author.
- Mechanical Engineer: Experienced in manufacturing, construction, product development, machine design, precision mechanisms design, tooling, mechanical testing, inspections, technical sales, aircraft and air carrier certification, validation, complex engineering test and design integration including geometric tolerances and various CAD, CFD, and FEA programs.
- Project Management in Diverse Industries: Managed projects in construction, engineering education, aviation certification, financial reserves analysis, building envelope, environmental control systems and installations. Experience in potable water system renewal projects, thermal insulation, vapor barriers, sound attenuation, waterproofing systems for building construction and aircraft manufacturing.
- Business management; Specification and development of novel business methods specific to community organization, knowledge asset allocation and Blockchain Technology. Technical blogger, author, public speaking and instructional video production and editing.
- Projects includes: historic building structures in the Pacific Northwest. Feasibility studies for life sciences institutions, development of EngTech sector. Instrumental in NAFTA negotiations for engineering profession. Aircraft programs include B2, B777, Space Shuttle Program MMB-2 Satellite system, National Aerospace plane, etc.
- International Account Management: Mexico, Japan, Russia, CIS, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan. Aircraft commissioning and service engineering account management.
- Master of Sciences International Business (MBA); Seattle University. Seattle WA, 2002.
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering, (BSME); University of New Haven, 1985
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Mechanical Engineering; CA #30667, WA #44394
01/2009 – Present: Community Engineering Services PLLC. Founder / Owner: Serving condominium owners, private owners, public institutions in resolving unique building problems including piping issues, envelope problems, and mechanical systems, performing analysis, feasibility studies, inspections, maintainability, etc. Specific experience in copper and galvanized steel plumbing failures, PEX, Aquatherm (PP-R) piping systems, epoxy liner, system definition reports, project scope, contractor selection, feasibility studies, reserves studies, and facility condition assessments. Construction management, renovations, and maintenance plans.
Strong element of public service, customer interaction, and representation of diverse communities of people in the successful resolution of building problems. http://coengineers.com
2016 – Present: Founder and Executive Director of the Integrated Engineering Blockchain Consortium. IEBC represents a gathering of engineering professionals and corporations around emergent data technologies. http://IEBC.co
09/2009 – 06/2012 Co-founder, Chief Innovation Officer: Social Flights, LLC, a ride sharing service for private jets based on Social Media tools deployed to form community organization around a shared asset – high value proof of concept for any community sharing knowledge assets. Acquired by Avianis, Inc
01/2002-present: Director: Ingenesist, LLC, Social Media Business method development deployed to multiple technical clients and industries; developer of Curiosumé, The Value Game, WIKiD tools algorithm, Quant Cryptocurrency, etc. (http://ingenesist.com)
2006-2010: Adjunct Faculty, City University of Seattle. International Business, International Management. Experienced in classroom, on-line, hybrid, and international education delivery.
11/2004-01/2008: Airline Support Account Manager; The Boeing Company; Performed critical internal team leadership toward resolution of complex in-service aircraft and airline issues for multiple international customers. Mechanical systems, propulsion, flight control systems, corrosion, and fatigue.
01/1997–01/2002 Customer Engineer, Account Manager; The Boeing Company Commissioning Agent for large aircraft representing United Airlines acquisition of Boeing 777-200 aircraft. Provided critical team leadership for the commissioning, certification, contracts, and delivery of (24) aircraft with a combined value of 3 billion dollars.
Director of International Projects; CETYS University; comparative education research (n=250) programs related to the NAFTA Mutual Recognition Document for International Mobility of Engineering Professionals between US and Mexico.
Hollywood Film Industry: Designed and managed performance of mechanical special effects, animatronics, self-retracting mechanical structures for structures for motion pictures, commercials and theme park rides.
Southern California Aerospace Industry:
Responsible Test Engineer Rockwell International for Space Shuttle fleet upgrades, hydrogen leak tests, ABS carbon brake tests, drag parachute deployment, titanium aluminide structural tests. Responsible Design Engineer Hughes aircraft Precision Mechanisms design for satellite deployment system. Design Engineer Northrop Corporation Carbon fiber aircraft structures design, test, maintenance, and repairs. Design: CAD systems, geometric tolerances, FEA, and CFD on assorted platforms. Orange Research Corporation; design of compressible and non-compressible fluid pressure, flow gauges, and flow restrictor devices
Volunteer: City of Edmonds Washington Planning Board 2014-2018
National Association of Insurance Commissioners National Association of Insurance Commissioners Center for Insurance Policy and Research; Implications and opportunities for Blockchain Technology in insurance, April 2016
Whitepaper, Insurance: The Highest and Best Use Case for Blockchain Technology National Association of Insurance Commissioners Center of Insurance Policy and Research (NAIC/CIPR)
National Council of Professional Engineers National Conference Seattle, WA Emerging Opportunities in The Engineering Profession July 2015 (video)
Whitepaper: National Society of Professional Engineers Implications and Opportunities for Blockchain Technology in Professional Engineering, December 2016
Community Currency Summit – Baybucks, Oakland, CA September 2014
Compassionate Seattle Summit, April 2014, Seattle Washington
What Every Engineer should know about Bitcoin, CETyS University Baja California, Mexico, May 2014
SIBOS 2011 Innotribe Sessions Toronto CA Sept 19-24.(world premier financial services conference) Keynote speaker and panelist: New Economies (video)
Monetization of Intangible Capital Panelist: The Future of Money and Technology Summit; San Francisco, CA 2011
Non-Quantifiable Exchanges Panelist; The Future of Money and Technology Summit; San Francisco, CA 2010
The Value Game Prediction Markets Summit, Seattle WA 2009
The Next Economic Paradigm: Innovation Immersion Conference, La Jolla, CA; 2009
Innovation Economics; The Integration and Capitalization of Knowledge: The International Society for the Advancement of Management, Washington DC, 2008.
Innovation Economics and the Integration and Capitalization of Knowledge, Boeing Technical Excellence Conferences pt1: 2005, pt2: 2006, pt3: 2007
The Failure of the NAFTA Mutual Recognition Document for Engineering Professionals; and How that Affects Global Sourcing 10 Years Later, Comparative and International Education Society (CIES) Western Regional Conference, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
A Model for the Mobility Engineering Professionals Under NAFTA, (1) CETYS University/San Diego State University; (2) Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, National Conference, Orlando